Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good Day!

I had a great day today. I think praying this morning helped a lot. I am grateful right now to wake up in the morning alive and able to do all of the things I want to do. I can talk and walk and sew and teach. I felt a lot of love from my students today and I am so happy for Melissa taking over my classroom for the rest of the year. All of the parents seemed totally okay about not having conferences.

I want to continue to recap the last few weeks though. So I went for the MRI with very last minute approcal from the insurance company. I even got there and Radiology did not have the approvalcode. They made me call the neurologist to get the code. Brian met me there and waited while I went into the machine. He said I was gone for two hours. I had no idea. Despite incredibly loud bangs, clangs, beeps, and other car alarm type sounds in the machine, I fell asleep. They pulled me out and injected some dye and then back in and I was back asleep. I guess I was tired.

We asked the guy who did the MRI how it looked and he said "I just take the pictures." He did say it was a good quality film though. Brian thought he was letting us know that there was nothing on it. Anudge is as good as a wink, you know. I thought he meant I wouldn't have to re-do it.

The next day I went to work. The doctor had said I probably would not hear until Friday. I knew I would be in Cambridge then so what could I do from there. I taught first period and then there was a class in my room. I did not take my phone with me because I was not expecting a call or subconsciously I did not want a call. When I went back the doctor's office had called three times. The message said, she wanted to see me right away. "This can't be good," I thought.

No comments: