Monday, September 13, 2010

I finally slept and then I went to school...

to find that my worst nightmare was true. No matter what I do, they want to drag me down. Every year since my return, they have redefined my role, mixed things up, confused and confounded me, but I kept going and I succeeded. But for some reason the next year they said I didn't and gave me a different job. I cried so much today I feel like a squeezed out rag. I am going to stay in the behavior box. They cannot hurt me. I am going to be a good little soldier and do what I am told this year. I am a very good teacher. I love children. They can't take that away from me. I will find a way. I have something unique to offer. Still! TBI or not! I will help and I will create an environment of learning where my students feel safe to grow and learn. Wish me luck! The only living girl in New York. And Betty when you call me, you can call me Al. There are days when I think that I could be in love with almost everyone. I think people are the greatest fun.

1 comment:

Insane said...

I thought of you the other day as I often do when the subject of schooling comes to mind. I was reading an article about Noho groups creating home-schooling cooperatives. I somehow always see you in as much a rich environment, not in such a difficult place as you describe. I do wish you the luck you asked for and so much more.