Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fundraiser for the BIANYC

Tomorrow our chapter is having a benefit. Every dollar of the admission will go directly to our chapter. There are a bunch of professional musicians and comedians. And then there are a couple of brave amateurs, including yours truly. I am going to perform a stand-up routine. I originally did it when I was in the grad school program variety show. It was mostly about being a teacher so I adapted it to reflect the recent changes in my life. Wish me luck!

In other news, I applied for SSDI and was approved in like 3 weeks. It is a relief but also depressing. It is much like going through menopause (sorry to my squeamish readers) in that with acceptance comes resignation. There is the gift of no more visits from my monthly friend wreaking havoc on my mood. The flip side is a confirmation that my body can no longer conceive a child. It is like the official stamp saying YOU ARE OLD!

Back to the fundraiser.

If you happen to be in the New York City area, please come and join us. I should be on some time between 2 and 3. Sachi will perform too. Here are the deets:


BENEFIT CONCERT 
MUSIC! POETRY! STAND‐UP COMEDY!  

featuring  
King DaviD Kid Dizzy 
SIMONE ELLOVE KING NEGROS AMERICANOS 

Yippie Museum CafĂ© 
9 Bleecker Street 
Saturday, June 16th 
 NOON to 5:30 

$10 donation at the door 
Drop in anytime, stay as long as you like 

All proceeds benefit the 
New York City Chapter of the 
Brain Injury Association of New York State 

No comments: